Join your musical friends at the 11th Annual West Valley Winds Workshop held in beautiful Canmore March 4, 5 2016!
The workshop runs two concert bands: Dolce (Grade 3-4) and Vivace (Grade 4.5-5).
The entire workshop (Friday evening and all day Saturday) will be held in full ensembles under the direction of our guest conductors, Dr. Darrin Oehlerking (University of Saskatchewan) and Dr. Chee Meng Low (University of Lethbridge).
After the Friday evening sight reading session, everyone is invited to the Canmore Golf & Curling Club dining room for a closed party featuring our own jazz jam. Our rhythm section will lay down the beat and all are welcome to join in or simply listen and socialize with friends.
Saturday rehearsals will run from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Coffee breaks (with delicious snacks) are provided and everyone goes out to find lunch at any of the terrific Canmore eateries. The workshop will conclude with an informal concert at 5:00pm. For those who are having too much fun to stop, we’ll go out for supper together!
Cost: Just $60!
Click here for WVW Workshop 2016 Registration
Register soon! This is a popular workshop and space is limited.
A group block of hotel accommodations has been arranged for the workshop. Reservation details are on the registration form.
If you can’t attend the full workshop, drop in to the free concert to join in the fun and hear some great music!
Comments About Previous Workshops
From Guest Conductors:
“I enjoyed every second of the West Valley Winds Workshop weekend. I found the people amazing to work with, always open and hungry for new ideas, and game to play and practice very hard. The organization was outstanding, the collegial atmosphere was excellent. I think everyone involved had an extraordinary musical experience.” Dr. Mark Hopkins
“The West Valley Winds Workshop is a one of a kind experience for adult musicians to experience the thrill of making music in a very short period of time. The rehearsals were intense, but at the same time lighthearted and fun, and what both ensembles were able to achieve in this short period of time was simply amazing. I was inspired by all those who participated, and It was a true honor to serve as one of the conductors this year.” Dr. Gerard Morris.
• Wonderful conductors! Have been to many other workshops and these two were among the best I have seen.
• You chose the best conductors ever– they were both super- positive, passionate, fun, & great teachers. I learned a lot and it made me more committed and inspired to continue with music and play better.
• This was my first time and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself! Will definitely be back next year!
• The music selection was superb, and made for one of the most enjoyable workshops/concerts I’ve ever attended.
• Great directors! I always look forward to these workshops to listen and learn from such varied backgrounds and experiences these directors bring to the workshop. How wonderfully fortunate we are to be able to have this kind of forum to broaden our musical journey and experience!
Come and enjoy this fun and challenging weekend workshop!